The Legend

The Student News Site of Austin Preparatory School

The Legend

The Legend

The Legend

There I Stood
There I Stood
May 14, 2024
Pink Hues
Pink Hues
May 14, 2024
How Lucky We Are
How Lucky We Are
May 14, 2024
Puppy Bowl XX
Puppy Bowl XX
Will Putney '26, Writer • February 6, 2024

Now that February has started, the biggest football game of the year will be displayed on national television on February 11th. The long-awaited Puppy Bowl XX is finally here!  Teams Ruff and Fluff will fur-ociously compete for the Lombarky Trophy...

Wildfires Devastate Argentina

Beginning October 10th, 2023, wildfires have been burning across Central and Northern Argentina, resulting in evacuations and damage. Villa Carlos Paz is a resort city of about 56.000 people West of Córdoba in Central Argentina. As of October 11th, the city was encroached by a wildfire. The wildfire has caused hundreds of families to evacuate the city as soon as possible and has prompted firefighters to reach some of the homes in the area. A total group of 960 firefighters have been working to combat the massive flames with the help of eight firefighting planes and two helicopters. From images and videos, we can see large flames in the hills surrounding the populated area. The main cause for the fires were because of an ongoing intense heat wave and the windy and dry conditions. 

By October 12th, authorities said that the fires were largely brought under control but that the country remained under “extreme” fire danger because of climate. Even though the fires were being handled, there were still several active hot spots being battled, including a fire that had restarted in the Tulumba section of northern Córdoba. Authorities are still taking precautionary measures, but most of the fires have calmed down and people have returned to their homes.