The Legend

The Student News Site of Austin Preparatory School

The Legend

The Legend

The Legend

The 49ers Advance to the Superbowl

Last Sunday, on the 28th of January, the San Francisco 49ers made NFL history by winning their game against the Detroit Lions. After losing to both the Rams and the Ravens in their last two NFC Championship games, the 49ers made an incredible comeback that scored them a spot in the 2024 Super Bowl, set to be at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada.

At this point it wasn’t just about beating the Detroit Lions, it was about making an impact on the NFL forever. When the Lions also took a 24-7 lead during the game, things weren’t going as planned. The crowds were ready for a win by the Detroit Lions, but the 49ers were not giving up that easily. They miraculously made a 17 point comeback, the biggest comeback in conference title game history, and leveled the playing field. The good luck didn’t stop there and once they started, there was no holding back. Eventually, after putting up one heck of a fight, the 49ers came out on top with a 34-31 win. 

They’re now riding that train to Sin City and a return to the Super Bowl, where they’ll take on their familiar competition, the Kansas City chiefs. Watch out Taylor Swift, the Chiefs aren’t ready for what’s coming on February 11th.