The Legend

The Student News Site of Austin Preparatory School

The Legend

The Legend

The Legend

Female Fashion at the 2024 Oscars

Who run the world? Girls! In Honor of Women’s History Month, let’s recognize some of the women who were nominated for this year’s Oscar Awards, and their red carpet looks! Starting with a bang — or a sparkle — is actress Michelle Yeoh, winner of the 2023 Best Lead Actress Oscar for her role in the movie Everything Everywhere, All At Once. She showed up in a custom Balenciaga cowl neck gown, gloves, and a stunning watch to finish the look. Next, actress Cynthia Erivo, who plays Elphaba in the greatly anticipated film, Wicked. Also a 2 time Oscar Nominee, she made a grand entrance in a daring green Louis Vuitton gown and Roberto Coin jewelry. But we’re not done yet! Actress Zendaya, recently taking part in a Dune press tour, wore an antique rose silk Giorgio Armani Privé gown with a single roped strap. With a subtle hint of sparkle, there was an embroidered palm tree print and an embellished bodice of gunmetal paillettes.

Next, the Barbie star, who was unfortunately not nominated for any Oscars, Margot Robbie, surprised everyone by not wearing pink! Instead, she chose a Versace metal mesh gown and Fred Leighton jewelry. Also from the Barbie cast and nominated for Best Actress in Supporting Role, America Ferrera wore a perfectly Barbie pink Versace chainmail dress. According to the E! News host on the red carpet, the dress took over 400 hours to make! Next, Billie Eilish, who was nominated and won the Oscar for Best Original Song “What Was I Made For”, wore a look from Thom Browne’s fall 2024 runway: an oversized black and white coat made of black denim ribbon tweed over a white tuxedo shirt, and a slim-fitting black, ankle-length skirt. Perfect outfit theme for the Barbie cast members!

Emma Stone, winner of the Oscar for Best Lead Actress in the movie Poor Things, showed up wearing a mint-colored Louis Vuitton jacquard gown with a peplum top. She also accessorized with a 30-carat yellow diamond necklace from the French label’s High Jewelry collection. Finally, Ariana Grande, fresh off debuting her first album in over four years, looked dreamy in a custom pink strapless Giambattista Valli Haute Couture ruched column gown with an exaggerated off-the-shoulder puff sleeve cape and long train. Accessorizing with matching simple jewelry from Tiffany & Co. Keep in mind, these are only a handful of the powerful women in the acting industry! Overall, this year’s Oscars did not disappoint!