The Legend

The Student News Site of Austin Preparatory School

The Legend

The Legend

The Legend

New York

New+York

For me, New York is my favorite city on this planet because it has held so many happy memories for me, but also because I feel as though it ties a strong relation between me and my father. Ever since I was little, my dad used to work on puzzles, and one day I helped him create an enlarged 3D version of New York. I was absolutely fascinated by the city and in total awe, and realized all I had ever wanted was to go there. Luckily for me I did, a few times actually. Even now, I have one huge goal set in mind, to attend college in New York. And even for a short time my father had gone to college there as well. New York is so beautiful to me, with the city lights at night, and the bustling crowds fresh in the morning. This weekend I am going back there, to a city that I love so much and have cherished ever since I was little. I am beyond excited to revisit one of the great things I found me and my dad bonding over. 

Personally, nothing had spoken to me quite like a city did, but not ever as loudly as New York had shouted. The noise never bothered me, I could find enjoyment and peace in it, it just felt so right to be in the middle of everything all at once. Sometimes people find the busyness of a day and the loudness of the people getting to where they need to go stops them from carrying out daily tasks, but for me it comforts me. And I have found so many connections to everything I love tracing back in a way to New York. My favorite song from 1989 is Welcome to New York. I attended the Eras Tour in New York. My favorite store, Brandy Melville, has a huge flagship store in New York, and there are so many more examples. I know I feel right at home when I know the city by heart, even if I take almost a year off from visiting it. I could never thank New York enough for the experience it gives me, and the thrilling rush of adrenaline I get every time I imagine being there.