The Legend

The Student News Site of Austin Preparatory School

The Legend

The Legend

The Legend

It Wasn’t Me

It wasn’t my fault, really it wasn’t. Things like these happen everyday, and an accident isn’t a penalty, right? Cars come and go, and people look both ways or don’t. See, it wasn’t me! It’s not like I push- I mean someone pushed her, she just wasn’t paying attention that’s all. The officers will believe me right? It’s not like I have anything to hide, as long as they don’t check the kitchen. It’s very messy! There isn’t any evidence I left, or um have that could lead to suspicions was what I meant. I’m only a lonely poor woman who lives on her own, why is that so hard to get? I didn’t kill her! Listen, it is all her fault, she got into the mess on her own. SHE was the one that decided to add the cinnamon into his tea. SHE knew he was allergic. Too bad they have the same allergies…. Not like I would take her down like she did to him, I’m not an eye-for-an-eye person, vengeance maybe. But cinnamon does cover the scent of any poison. Such as my nightly pills! They smell disgusting, that is all I would use cinnamon for.  Such a pity she always looked at her phone and nothing else, it was almost too easy. For whoever did that to her! I know, I know it looks bad for me right now, but whatever happens to her, she had it coming. I would never stoop to such a low level as to take someone’s life away, obviously she could. But it is almost too easy for her though, isn’t it? I can imagine it all, her batty those long fake lashes and saying “ oh but officer, I didn’t know it was cinnamon! Don’t you know I’m dyslexic?” I’ve lived with her excuses for too long, but that will end soon. When I move out of town that is! I must leave quickly before anyone notices I did it. That I did what exactly? I think you know by now…